TPO Cover Tape
TPO Cover Tape consists of a white tape adhesive that is laminated to a TPO cover strip. TPO Cover Tape may be used to strip in metal flanges on WeatherStar TPO systems.
Please consult current WeatherStar TPO specifications and details for specific applications.
1. Thoroughly mix Clear Primer. DO NOT THIN! A minimum of 2 minutes of vigorous hand mixing with a wooden paint stirrer or its equivalent is required. All sources of ignition should be eliminated; adequate ventilation should exist.
2. Clean all surfaces with a clean cotton rag removing excess contamination prior to application of the primer.
3. With a scrub pad and handle, apply Clear Primer to the TPO membrane and metal flange using long and continuous back and forth strokes with heavy to moderate pressure along the bonding area until no streaks or puddling occurs.
4. Allow Clear Primer to dry until slightly tacky to a dry finger touch.
5. Center the TPO Cover tape over the fasteners used to secure the metal edge. Remove the release paper from the tape and apply the tape to the primed metal and TPO surfaces.
6. Using a Teflon coated or hard rubber roller, hand-roll the entire length of the tape into the primed surface assuring adhesion.
7. All caulking details will be completed per standard specifications with Edge Caulk. Apply a continuous “high profile” bead of edge caulk at field seam intersections, Cover Tape end laps, and edge metal joints.
Membrane: TPO (Thermoplastic Olefin)
Color: White, Grey and Tan
Size: 5 1/4" (146 mm) x 100' (30.4 m)
Thickness: .065" (1.7 mm)
Quantity: 2 rolls per carton, 1 tube of Edge Caulk and 4 Scrub Pads and 1 Handle
Shelf Life of 9 months can be expected when stored at temperatures between 60ºF (16ºC) and 80ºF (27ºC) in unopened containers. Shelf life will be shortened if exposed to elevated temperatures.
American WeatherStar warrants that the material supplied will meet or exceed physical properties as published. The contractor guarantees that workmanship will be free of defects in coating application. Since performance of previously installed substrate is beyond the control of American WeatherStar or the contractor, requests for additional warranty coverage shall be subject to prior approval by American WeatherStar.